Julie & Julia

>> Saturday, August 8, 2009

Last night my Bestie and I went to see Julie & Julia .


I have been waiting for this movie to come out since the very first time I saw the previews.

As a young child and teenager I have such fond memories of watching Julia Childs cooking shows on PBS. Even at that young age I was fascinated by process of taking seemingly simple ingredients and turning them into works of culinary art.

During the entire movie I laughed, smiled and visually ate each and every recipe that was prepared.

I felt connected to both Julie & Julia as they struggled to find their way and voice in this world. Something that I, myself am trying to do.

I walked away from the movie not only visually stuffed but inspired.


" Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it"- Julia Child

" The only time to eat diet food in when your waiting for the steak to cook"- Julia Child

" The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a What the hell? attitude"- Julia Child

" In spite of food fads, fitness programs, and health concerns, we must never loose site of a beautifully conceived meal "- Julia Child







1 Love Notes:

Unknown August 8, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

i can't wait to see this...maybe that will be the date I take myself on this weekend ;)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP