Yummy Chicken

>> Friday, August 7, 2009

Last night for dinner I made rotisserie chicken for the first time and it turned out so good. So much better then the ones you can find in grocery stores.

I started the night before with brining my whole chicken like I do my Thanksgiving turkeys. The brine is never the same way twice and is always based on what I want the meat to taste like.
For this one after I cleaned out the chicken I put it in a huge bowl and covered it with cold water. I then poured in about a cup of whiskey ( it was the end of the bottle and looked like a cup), a half a cup of salt ( I know that sounds like a lot of salt but trust me the chicken will not taste salty) , a palm full of dried rosemary, sage, thyme & fresh ground black pepper, and the juice of one large lemon. I then covered it with ice, put some foil on the bowl and stuck it in the fridge over night.

The next day about an hour before I was ready to cook it I took it out of the brine and in the cavity I place some fresh rosemary, sage, thyme and half of a lemon. After that I trussed up the chicken and placed it on the spit.

This is what it looked like.



It takes about an hour to hour & a half over medium heat ( roughly 350 degrees) depending on the size of your bird.

And this is what mine looked like when it was done. OMG ! it was so tender and juicy ! I will be making this again, but with two birds next time because we finished that one so fast and wanted more.





Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP