The Weekend

>> Monday, July 27, 2009

Well, I didn't get out and take the photos for my photography class like I thought I would. But that's ok I got some things done that I wanted/needed to get done here at home.


On Saturday I met up with my Dad and dropped off Daughter A and B Monkey. They went up to the cabin in Michigan and will be back on Thursday. My Dad kept changing the meet up time on me ,which really put a damper on anything I wanted to do that day.

On my way home I stopped in Bed Bath & Beyond to pick up this metal shelf unit thing they had on sale this week. I wanted to use it in place of the white hutch that we use as our coffee bar in the breakfast nook area of the kitchen. So, I get it home, put it altogether, set the coffee bar stuff on it and I didn't like the way it looked. I liked the idea of it but the shelving unit just wasn't big enough for the idea I had in mind. So, I stood there for the longest time wondering do I keep it or take it back?

After much thought and moving of furniture I ended up shortening the unit to counter top height and putting it behind the kitchen cabinets but still in the breakfast nook area. I then loaded it up with all my cook books and my pretty orange cast iron pots. I really like how it turned out. Now I just need to go buy some black paint and paint that white hutch!

Then on Sunday I re-stained the steps to the sunroom. I have put that off for so long because while there isn't many ( 3 on each side) it's still a PITA to do. But it's done and they look so much better. Though I think I'm going to try and talk Barry into changing them into stone steps that match the patio. The sunroom came first so they just put wooden steps in, the patio was an after thought and we just kept the wooden steps. But the more I look at them the more odd they look next to the stone patio. The last time he was home he even talked about how odd they look, so I think I won't have to push hard to get them changed......lol

Other then that stuff I just relaxed and talked to Barry via text quite a bit.

So what about you, what did you do this weekend?




0 Love Notes:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP