My Photography Classes

>> Monday, July 27, 2009

Jen over at Making Sense of it All asked me what I'm learning in my photography classes.


So far in Unit 1 I have learned pretty basic stuff:

The History of photography
About the Camera and how it works
About lenses
And basic photography skills ( depth of filed and stuff like that)

The tests are pretty straight forward and are more or less used to see if you understand what you are learning about.

As far as the photos for this unit they are shallow depth of filed, great depth of field and motion ( either freezing it or having it blurred to show motion)

So far I'm really liking it but since I know all that I'm learning right now I did get a little bored and found my mind wondering as I was reading. I'm sure as I progress through the units I will learn about stuff I didn't know and my mind won't wonder as much.

I did notice that even though I knew about what I was reading in Unit 1 , they worded it in a way that was much easier for me to understand, so it sunk in much better.

Even though I do have Units 2 & 3 here, I've only skimmed over the subjects to see what will be covered. It appears that I will be getting into more details on how to take photos in these next 2 units.

If you would like more details just ask and I'll be happy to answer them for you.





2 Love Notes:

Unknown July 28, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

:-) Thanks!

I hope you plan to post the photos that you take for your class. I'm trying to learn through you, Lady! :-)

I seem to remember you saying that it was an online school - is that right? Do you think that's better than doing it through, say, a local school? Are you on a specific timeline? Like - your test and photos are due by x date?

Just trying to decide how much further I should go in my quest for this hobby.

Unknown July 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

i wanna take a class so bad.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP