Still Tired But.......

>> Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm still a little tired from the drive home from Arkansas but........


The drive down to see The Husband was pretty much uneventful. The boys watched their movies and I jammed away listening to my iPod and GPS Girl as she gave me directions. By the time we got there, The Husband had started the grill for dinner. Which if you will recall I had to bring part of it with me. Since I had the brain function of an gnat, we just hung out on the couch for the rest of the night watching TV.

Thursday the boys & I just hung out at The Husbands rental. They played games, watched movies and I took a 3 hour nap. I did really well up until The Husband went back to work after lunch, after that my eyes couldn't stay awake any longer so to bed I went. The night we hung out at home and made our plans for the next day.

Friday The Husband took a half day off and we headed to Little Rock, Arkansas for the night. It's about a 3 hour drive from The Husband's rental and I tell you I had to laugh at some of the sights I saw along the way. There was this town that, I kid you not , had 14 people as it's population ! Can that even be considered a town? Then there was all the liquor stores. Down one road there was no less then 6 of them and not another building in sight around them for miles. Guess you really need your booze if you have to drive for miles to get it.

We got to Little Rock around diner time and went out to this place a few doors down from our hotel called The Flying Fish. Except for the restaurants and bars, the town pretty much rolls up it's streets at 6:00, so after dinner we took a walk down by the river. We found this park for the boys to play at and I want the floor ! It was like walking on marsh mellow, except is wasn't sticky. The park also had tunnels that were under all the equipment and rock climbing walls. The boys including The Husband had a fun time exploring.

Here's a few pictures from the park.




Little Rock, Arkansas
J-Bird

Little Rock, Arkansas
B-Monkey & The Husband

Little Rock, Arkansas
J-Bird

Little Rock, Arkansas
B-Monkey

Little Rock, Arkansas

Across the river there was a submarine . Here's a picture of the entire thing

Little Rock, Arkansas

And then a close up I got with my little "purse camera" . Which I was very impressed with !

Little Rock, Arkansas

Some artwork at the park

Little Rock, Arkansas

Little Rock, Arkansas

Little Rock, Arkansas

Little Rock, Arkansas

The Next day we took an hour drive to Hot Springs, Arkansas. We were meeting up with The Husband's boss and his wife at Oaklawn horse race track.

We had gotten there early so we watched the first few races outside, in the freezing cold. Which gave me the opportunity to take photos up by the railing of the track. Here's a few of them.

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs


Inside the paddock where the horses and jockeys want until it's their turn to race. This is a very popular area of the track, so I had to squeeze into a tiny spot to get this photo.

Once The Husband's boss got there we watched the rest of the races from inside the viewing area. These last photos were taken from there and through glass. Again with my little "purse camera" and again I was very impressed.

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Oaklawn Race Track Hot Springs

Hot Springs, Arkansas


This photo was taken with digital zoom ( 40x) and I was very impressed with the details it picked up. Even more so when you could hardly see this building from the race track.

After the last race we all headed out to dinner and this yummy steak house on the river. Just wish it was warmer because I would of loved to have eaten outside. Once that was over with , it was back in the car for a 3 hour drive back to The Husbands rental . We got in around 11:30 and it was straight to bed.

The next morning the boys and I were back on the road to home. Other than a few traffic jams ( darn road work !) and wanting to throw GPS girl out the window at the end of the trip ( why can she not take me back home the way I leave? ! ) the trip home was pretty uneventful as well.

I'll leave you with one last photo. Just because I think he's so darn sexy

Little Rock, Arkansas


There's a few more pictures I took and you can view them HERE if you like.


0 Love Notes:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP