A Girl & A Party

>> Monday, March 8, 2010

About a month ago a high school classmate invited me to a party she was having. She has these parties once a month. I debated a long time about going or not. Seeing that my 20 year reunion didn't go all that well, I wasn't sure if I wanted to put myself through that again. Since the party invites were sent via Facebook I clicked Maybe attending and left it at that.


I asked Barry for his thoughts and he more or less said that I should go because I could live through anything for a few hours. He was correct, I could live through it for a few hours, but the hurt teenager in me still didn't want to go.

A week before the party she sent out reminders and it was at that point I made up my mind to go. I was still unsure of my choice, but just kept telling myself that all I need to do is stay the polite 2 hours.

As I'm walking out the door I tell my kids that I'll probably be home around 10:00 if not sooner. Her house is a 10 minute drive from mine and the entire drive I kept having to take deep breaths and reminding myself that I could do this.

The first hour or so I really didn't know what to do with myself. I spent that time pretty much just nodding. A glass of wine later and before I knew it I was laughing, sharing stories , and over all having a really good time. Another glass of wine later and it was Midnight! I had stayed the entire time!

Will I go to another one if I'm invited? Who knows only time will tell with that one. For now I'm just happy I went this time.




0 Love Notes:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP