Been Awhile

>> Friday, February 26, 2010

So, It's been FOREVER and a day since I posted anything here. I've had a ton of stuff going on, and truthfully I couldn't come up with anything except me whining, so I figured I would take a little blogging break.


But anyway, have I ever talked about my ummmmm obsession with bread? I love everything about the bread...... the smell, the taste, the texture. While American white bread has it's place in my heart, my real love is Artisan bread.

I swear while I was in Europe I could have lived on bread, wine, cheese and chocolate..... ok and REAL Italian pizza and pasta.

Since coming home, I have searched every bakery by my house for some bread that would come close to the yummy goodness I had in Europe. Sadly nothing has even come close to being close.

So, a few days ago I headed to my local B & N in search of a new cookbook about Artisan bread and I found one that looks promising.

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. What you do is mix all the ingredients into a container, toss it in your fridge, cut off a hunk every day, shape it, then bake it. Seems easy enough to me!

I started my first batch of dough today and I bake tomorrow.

Wish me luck because this bread lovin' woman is in need of lovin' from her oven.




Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP