It's Time

>> Sunday, November 8, 2009

When we bought this house 5 years ago the basement was unfinished. It was one of the many things we liked about the house, having the ability to expand if we needed to. One of the first rooms to be built was a bedroom for Oldest Son M. He needed his own room and my Dad went to work right away. The plus side of having a Dad who owned ( he's retired now) his own home improvement business is saving lots of money. Besides the cost of materials we paid him in meals... gotta love that.


After that room was built , my Dad moved onto building me a Scrapbook/Art Studio. For the 2 years we lived in a tiny one stop light town I threw myself into scrapbooking. It was the only thing I had to do and I went for it. I even manged to get myself on 3 online design teams ! Between all of the free stuff I got each much from the design teams and the supplies I bought myself, I managed to collect quit a bit of supplies. They needed a home and I needed a place the I could create without the worry of having to clean up my mess every night.

When it was finished the room was just as I pictured in my mind ( and on paper lol) It was perfect! I painted it a yummy lettuce green and decorated it with fun stuff in shades of purple, orange & hot pink. It was my creative space and you couldn't help but smile when you walked into it.

As my time on the design teams came to and end ,I found myself no longer wanting to see my photos on fancy papers surrounded by odds and ends. I wanted them enlarged and hanging on my walls. I was proud of those photos and I wanted everyone who entered my home to see them. So, I said my goodbyes to the teams and didn't try out for anymore. At first I used my supplies to create gift cards, but after awhile that took a backseat to my photography.

Those supplies have been sitting down there collecting dust for over a year now and it's time to say goodbye to them. My photography stuff needs a place to be housed instead on sitting in plies all over my bedroom floor, and living room, and.......

On Monday I will walk in there and start boxing it all up. Much of it has a new home,a friend of mine still scrapbooks and she can't wait to get her hands on all of that free stuff. What she doesn't want I will let my kids go through to see if they want any of it. I will donate the rest to the elementary school art program.

It's time to say goodbye to the past and take the first step towards my new path in life. And guess what?????..... I'm READY!




0 Love Notes:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP