20 Years

>> Monday, September 28, 2009

I survived my 20 year class reunion this past weekend. I can honestly say that in this moment in time, that if and when the next invite comes I will not be going.


While my fellow classmates have physically grown older, many of their attitudes have stayed the same.

The girls that were stuck up snobs are still stuck up snobs.
The guys who thought they were all that still think they are.
And the list goes on.

I know when coming together, for an event like this, old habits can rear their ugly heads, but one would think in 20 years people would have grown up just a bit.

I knew within 20 minutes of walking in the door that my choice that last day of school 20 years ago to not look back was the right choice to make.

The days leading up to my reunion old "wounds" that I had thought long since healed ,began opening up again and I starting dreading my choice to go. I pushed those thoughts aside telling myself that it's been 20 years, people change and I need to give them a chance. I guess I should have listened to my gut.

If anything positive came from going ,it would be that I can now once and for all close that chapter in my life and let those "wounds" heal once and for all.

I am in a different point in my life now and the friends I have now like me for who I am, not for who I am not.





1 Love Notes:

Unknown October 5, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

sorry that "others" didn't mature...

But how was your dress? pictures please. :D

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP