Hello Blog

>> Thursday, July 16, 2009

I know, I know I'm way behind with the update I promised this week. I got semi busy again and today is the first day I've had the time to collect my thoughts.


Lets see where to begin????

Our 4th of July was good, wet but good all the same. We hang out with the same friends every 4th of July, it's become tradition. We start out at our house and watch the parade, then head over to their house for lunch and swimming, then back to our house for dinner and firework watching, then back to their house to light our fireworks. It's a good thing we only live 3 minutes from each other......lol It's a lot of driving back and forth but I think that's half the fun.

The week after the 4th was filled with odds and ends , plus getting ready for Oldest Son M's 18 birthday party.

Barry & Daughter A, painted the railing of the front porch. I love having a huge porch but I hate painting it ! It looks so much better now and hopefully we will get a few years out of it before it needs to be painted again.

I got a new "Mac Daddy" grill that I'm just thrilled about. I've been wanting a larger grill for some time now and after enough whining ummmm asking Barry and I went out and bought one. I just wanted one a little larger then what we had, but Barry said if we're going to do this lets DO THIS. This baby is fully loaded with 6 burners, a smoker box, built in rotisserie , sear station and lights. So now when I have a taste for a grilled piece of meat at 10:00 at night I can see what I'm doing lol.

Moving on..... Oldest Son M's 18th birthday party was last Saturday. It turned out really good..... just the right amount of people were here. I even invited his Dad, his dad's girl friend and his grandma & great grandma. Hurt feelings are a thing of the past and I can be a big girl and deal with all of them for a few hours for Oldest Son M's sake. I know he was very happy they all came to his party.

It's so hard for me to believe that my "baby" is now 18, but at the same time I'm fine with it. It's weird but as he's hit every mile stone birthday it's never really bothered me. Yet, when Daughter A hits them I'm a total cry baby the entire day.


This week I've been busy cleaning out the garage and just relaxing.

Barry & Daughter K will be coming home again with weekend. Daughter K will be coming home to stay after being in Arkansas for 3 weeks with her dad. I'm not sure how I feel about it, 3 weeks with her dad does not make for a changed child. But I will just hope for the best and take each day as they come.

So, that's pretty much it for the update. I hope to have some photos posted soon on my photography blog, if not this week then early next week for sure.





2 Love Notes:

Unknown July 22, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

and I just remembered the camera bag...email me. Let's set that up before STBE pulls all his money from my account ;)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP