What Do I Want?

>> Thursday, June 4, 2009

What do I want, What are my dreams?


I want to be a photographer.

A real photographer- one who is paid and not just as a hobby.

I want to open up a magazine and see one of my photos in it.

Just one, that's all I need. It can even be a small one mixed in with other photos.

Just something that I can say to the world- Look at that, this is my photo. I did that all by myself!

But it's just a dream.

My muse is gone. My desire to pick up my camera is gone.

I know what or I should say who took it away.

I wish I could confront him and ask him why.

Why did you tell me? I may of never found out, and could have gone on the rest of my life not knowing.

You took the pride I had in my work, in myself away and squashed it like a bug.

I know that I will pick up my camera again, I have picked up my camera again.

But the wounds are still fresh.

They need to heal.

I need time to heal.

1 Love Notes:

Unknown June 5, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Oh, Terri. I don't know the story behind your hurt, but I do know how that feels...To have something that you're so proud and sure of and have someone else, specifically someone who should be supportive, smash that. Yeah, I know what that's like.

I've seen your work. Listen to me:

You. Are. Fabulous.

I don't think your dream is far-fetched. Not at all. Submit photos to a magazine. What's the worst that could happen? They don't publish them? And then you're no worse off than you are right now? Best case scenario? They publish them! And then you're a world-famous photographer! :-)

I really do think that your dream is achievable. Shoot for the moon, woman!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP