A Valid Point

>> Thursday, June 4, 2009




Stacie's reply to my post below was a valid point.

she said

"Stacie's Madness has left a new comment on your post "Hit The Nail On The Head":

you in your own right are a superstar...behind every good man is a better woman, behind every successful child is an even more successful mother.

YOU are the STAR to their accomplishments. "

While I get it, understand it, and agree with it.

That is just it..... I am just the woman behind the man, the mother of the children...... and nothing more.

I am their supporter, their congratulatory speech giver, their biggest fan. I clean up the messes they leave behind. I fix their problems as they come along. But at the end of the day ,when it's all said and done there has been no time for me.

I've come to a point in my life, where I'm asking the world if this is all that life is going to give me. Is this what my legacy will be after I'm gone from this world. Will I only be known as the great support and never the supported? Will I always give the congratulations and never be congratulated? Will I only be known as the woman with a really clean house, because that's what she did all day long since she had nothing better to do?

While being the woman behind the man or the mother of the children isn't a bad thing , I want something more. I don't want to be famous. I just want to be able to look back at my life when I'm old and say " yep I did that and I'm damn proud of it". Instead I fear that what I will be saying is" yep I really had a clean house didn't I "

I'm tired of being Cinderella ...... I'm ready to go to the Ball now.

1 Love Notes:

Unknown June 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

let me hand you the glass slipper, what is your dream? What is your passion? What do YOU want?

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP