Scary, Scary, Scary

>> Wednesday, May 13, 2009

B-Monkey had track practice after school yesterday, he needed to be picked up at 4:30. I had to pick up Market Day at 4:30, so on Monday I asked Oldest Son M if he would pick him up for me. He stayed in town ,so he wasn't wasting gas driving back and forth.


A little after 4:00 I was upstairs in my room and B-Monkey sends me a text - Is he on his way?

I had just gotten off the phone with Oldest Son M so I replied- He's on his way, he's in town so he should be there in a few minutes.

I walked down stairs to put on my shoes so I could leave. I just sat down when my cell rings, it was Oldest Son M- I was in a car accident, my car will need to be towed.

The only words that came out of my mouth were- Are you OK?

He told me he was Ok and where he was at, only a few blocks away from the school.

I yell at Daughter K to move the car, she was parked behind me.

I'm walking and texting B-Monkey letting him know what's going on.

Daughter K is yelling something at me, but I don't hear what she saying, I'm only thinking about my 2 boys that needed me right now.

I drive the 15 miles to pick up B-Monkey and drive the few blocks to the accident. I see Oldest Son M walking around, he appears to be fine. The police and tow truck are already there. I pull into the nearest parking lot and tell B-Monkey to stay in the car. I walk over to the car to see the damage, the entire passenger side of the car was smashed in.

If B-Monkey or one of Oldest Son M's friends been in that seat, it could have been so much worse. The Gods were indeed looking over us yesterday.

Oldest Son M is indeed fine, only a small scratch on his stomach from either the seatbelt or his belt, he wasn't sure which caused it. He's upset over not having a car anymore, but he's fine and that is all the matters.

In a span of less than 5 minutes my life went from normal to scary as hell.

1 Love Notes:

Unknown May 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

thank goodness he was alone and it all happened on the passenger side.

how scary indeed.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP