I feel bad for him..... I do.......but......

>> Monday, April 27, 2009

The Husband isn't feeling well. He didn't feel well the entire time he was here, but he sucked it up and dealt with it.


I do feel bad for him and want him to get better, really I do but..........

Today when he got home from work I got a text from him
"Just got home I feel like crap please don't disturb me tonight"

I sent him one back
"Sorry your not feeling well, no problem I'll leave you alone"

But here's the deal whenever he's sick this is what he gets to do. He gets to rest and sleep, and sleep, and sleep. When he's sick on the weekend he sleeps and I try my best to keep the house quite.

Yet, when I'm sick I still have to function like a Mom. I still have to get up with the kids. I still have to cook dinner. I still have to do all those million other Mom things that Moms do...... and I'm sick.

If I try to go to bed early does he even try to keep the kids quiet? NO!

If I'm sick on the weekend does he get up with the kids and try to keep them quite? NO!

And now that he's down in Arkansas, it's twice as bad because there's not one person in this house who will even try to take care of me.

The one and only time, other than giving birth, that I got "babied" was when I was in the hospital for two days with a kidney stone that required surgery!

Please explain to me how this is fair? Give me one GOOD reason as to why when a MAN gets sick he can get all the rest he wants. Yet, when a WOMAN gets sick she still has to function.

UGH!


3 Love Notes:

Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

um, it's NOT fair. and I know exactly how you feel. my husband is awesome at almost everything but he sees no reason why I need any help with the kids - sick or no. it blows!

Chris April 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

I don't have one single GOOD reason to explain that. It's totally how it is around here, too. I spend all day saying "Shhh your dad's sick and sleeping." and he'll spend all day saying "I know you don't feel good, but could you..."

Grrrr

Catie May 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

LOL! I just have to laugh because this is exactly how it is in my house...even when hubby has just a little cold. I don't remember the last time I was sick that I got to take the day off.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP