Purse Camera- A Review

>> Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Several years ago for Mother's Day , The Husband & kids, got me a Rebel XTI. This was a huge step up from my old Point & shoot camera, but after lots of learning I've been able to capture some really amazing shots with it.


For the last six months or so I've been wanting a "purse camera". Something small, light weight , and easy to take with me all the time. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been driving around, saw something that would make a cool picture, to only miss the shot because I didn't have my camera with me. After doing a lot of research I settled on this one.





One of the many features of this camera I liked was the ability to use P, TV, AV, & M. This gives me creative freedom like my XTI does. It also has functions like Portrait, Night Snapshot, Indoor, Landscape, Kids & Pets and movies.





With my first point and shoot camera the only zoom it had was my own two feet. Now that I have a camera that can give me all the zoom I want, I knew that I wanted as much zoom I could get. This one has 10X optical zoom, which is perfect for the type of photos I will be taking with it. With the 4x digital zoom you get 40x total zoom. While I've never been a fan a digital zoom I will try it out to see if there has been any advancements with the picture quality over the years.





Even though I'm use to looking through the view finder to frame the shot, I knew I also wanted a large view screen. At 3 inches , this one fit the bill perfectly. Now I just need to try my brain again to look at the view screen LOL

Below are some shots I took with it yesterday. Except for some cropping these are straight out of the camera. While I normally would of shot these on full manual, I choose to let the camera do all the thinking for me and shot on Auto. Since I'm still learning how the camera works I thought it was my best option. I also used the on board Macro function, and it wasn't half bad I'm sure I will be using that function again in the future.

Please click on the pictures for larger view












All in all it's a nice little camera and I'm sure it will get plenty of use.

3 Love Notes:

Unknown March 18, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

not bad, not bad at all.

I have an SLR and I am still using it on Auto...I am so intimidated by all the manual stuff.

will you teach me? :D

tiarastantrums March 19, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

oh - I think I NEED a purse camera now!!

Brianne Hudgins Photography April 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

For a point & click that little thing takes some nice pics!! Very pretty!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP