UGH! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So the youngest son, who is 11 and in 5th grade, bring home his homework. Among it is a paper where he has to write 6 questions and answers about the chapter in the story they are reading. These questions need to be open ended, meaningful and require a lot of thought to answer. Did I mention that the chapter is only 2 and half pages long? We could maybe squeak out 3 questions. Meaningful and require a lot of thought........ I'm an adult and would have a hard time with that, yet a 5th grader is suppose to do this. UGH!

I don't ever remember my 12 year old having to do stuff like this and one would think I would remember since he was in 5th grade last year! My 3 high school age kids even shake their heads at some of the work he has to do.

When did 5th grade become so hard?

1 Love Notes:

Chris February 10, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

My 3rd grader brings home the same stuff. It drives me nuts and makes me feel like an idiot when I've read a 2 page chapter 30 times and still can't figure out the answer to the question.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP