Recipe Share Tuesday *

>> Tuesday, February 17, 2009

With all of the Tiramisu I ate in Italy I can tell you that this recipe is authentic as you can get to what I had there.
This recipe calls for ladyfingers and I can not stress enough for you to seek out real Italian ones and not use the American ones. The end result will be so much better, trust me. It also calls for using raw egg, so if your in any way scared to eat raw egg I would pass on this one. That being said I have eaten so much of this stuff, as well as my children, and not one of us has suffered any ill effects with eating raw eggs. I will point out that when I make this I use eggs that I bought that day and not ones that have been sitting in the fridge for several days.

Tiramisu

Ingredients:
17. 5 ounces of Ladyfingers
12.5 ounces Mascarpone cheese ( Italian cream cheese)
4 eggs separated
5 Tablespoons sugar
2 tea cups of strong warm coffee ( I use espresso)
Bitter Cocoa Powder for dusting

While gradually adding sugar , beat egg yokes until they appear pale in color. Add the Mascarpone cheese and fold gently until smooth.

In a separate bowl, beat egg white with a wire whisk or electric mixer until very stiff and gently fold them into the Mascarpone mixture.

Dip ladyfingers quickly into the coffee one at a time and arrange them in a rectangular serving dish. Cover ladyfingers with cream mixture, use all the ingredients to obtain more layers.

Sprinkle the top with bitter cocoa powder. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

* Translated from Italian to English

2 Love Notes:

Chris February 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Did you hear that? No, seriously. Did you?? That was the sound of my butt getting bigger.

Terri February 17, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

Well mine is growing right along with yours then. The husband asks for this EVERY time he comes home.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP