Catching Up

>> Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wow! It's been forever and a day since I posted anything on here. With all of the holidays I just haven't been able to come up with anything but mush....lol


Lets see...... Our Christmas was very good. Everyone got what they wanted and were very pleased. I got the normal stuff...... clothes, bathrobe , perfume, body wash est. But my most favorite gift was my pasta press attachment for my stand mixer. I am IN LOVE with it! I love fresh pasta and and this little number works like a charm.

We hosted this years Christmas dinner and I made herb crusted prime rib, roasted garlic red skin potatoes, steamed veggies & homemade bread. For desert I made an apple tart with a homemade carmel sauce. It was deemed the best desert they've ever eaten and many wanted to bathe in the carmel sauce. So worth the time and effort to make it.

New Years eve was at our house, we get together with the same friends every year and take turns hosting. For that I made a Southwest chicken soup and a new chili recipe. They were both really yummy and are on my must cook again list.

I don't do the whole "resolutions" thing. They are to easy to break and every day is a new day to start new so why do we need a new year to make changes to our lives.

I did set a goal for myself this year, I won't cry if I don't reach it but it should be fun none the less. I have this huge collection of cookbooks, mostly bought for a recipe or two that I wanted to try. After that they just sit around collecting dust. So my goal is to cook my way through all of them. Some of the recipe I won't be cooking, since I know my family won't touch them...... none of them would touch octopus with a ten foot pole. Once I've cooked them I will post a picture here and give my thoughts on each recipe. Should be a lot of fun and we'll get to try out new things to eat along the way.

Well that's pretty much it in my part of the world. Barry is back in Arkansas after being home for two weeks and the kids go back to school tomorrow. I can honestly say that I'm so ready to have this house all to myself again ...... well except for the cat but she sleeps all day long lol

Until later my friends




2 Love Notes:

Unknown January 5, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

yum your christmas dinner sounds delish!

Unknown January 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

Totally agree with Stacie on that one! Sounds super yummy! And I love your idea of cooking through your cookbooks. Sort of a Julie & Julia idea. (I assume you've seen that movie - I thought it was SO cute!) After watching it, I totally wanted to do the same thing. And then I came back to Earth and realized that I never follow through with any of these "Brilliant Ideas" that I come up with. lol Better luck to you! I'm excited to see what kind of yummy dishes & photos you post!!!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP