What A Day

>> Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I have never in my life as a Mother been so happy to have a day be over with.

Yesterday afternoon & evening I watched a friend of mine little 4 month old. Mom had to work ( she's a WAHM but has to go into the office once a month) and Dad was busy taking brother and sister to their ball games. when she called me Sunday night and asked if I would watch Peanut, I didn't hesitate to say yes. They have watched our kids so many times when we've gone out of town. So watching her little one for a few hours was the least I could do.

But OMG does that girl have a set of lungs! While I'm not a rookie to all this mom stuff, seeing that I have 5 kids myself, little Peanut tested all my Mom "tricks" and then some.

Except for the 2 hour nap she took, she pretty much screamed the entire time she was here.

It's been 11 years since I had to figure out the difference between the 1)I'm wet ,2)I'm hungry, 3) I'm tired, 4) I want to be held, 5) I'm just pissed off and nothing will sooth me cries.

It's been 11 years since I had to eat with one hand while feeding a baby with the other.

But I figured it all out. I sucked it up and dealt with it.

Honestly I'm happy that my baby days are over with.

I'm not one of those women that gets "baby fever" whenever they see or hold a baby.

I like being able to leave the house WITHOUT taking half the house with me.

I like being able to have full use of both my hands at al times of the day.

I like being able to watch TV while sitting on the couch and not up doing that "mama baby walk rock"

I like being able to ask my children what's wrong and get some sort of answer.

I like being able to sleep ALL night long.

So if anyone needs me I'll be the one over there enjoying the last few quiet hours before her children coming running in the door.

0 Love Notes:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP