Mixed Feelings

>> Thursday, April 2, 2009

I know I've talked a little about The Husbands bike before, but this post has me filled with mixed feelings about it.

I've always thought of the bike as his baby, since he did bring life to it by building it from the ground up. What started out as just a bunch of pieces became one kick ass piece of work.

I have never been one of those wives that gets upset when their husband wants to go for a ride. In fact, I have been that total opposite. I've been the one telling him that he should go for a ride, I would always tell him you built the darn thing go ride it because what's the point of having it if you don't ride it. It wouldn't take much arm twisting before he was all geared up and heading down the road.

With him in Arkansas and the bike being here, his ride times have been few and far between. Last summer he only rode a handful of time, because it seemed like every time he was able to come home it either rained or there was other things had had to be done. Because of this he has decided that he wants to take the bike down to Arkansas with him, and this is where the mixed feelings come in.

Part of me knows that it's a good thing. The riding season is longer and he loves that fact. It may just be what he needs after a long day at work..... just him and the open road.

The other part of me is screaming NO you can't take the bike down there. It's like having a part of him here all the time. Yes, I know that his flesh and blood children are here, but this is a different part of him. It's his bad boy side , the side I love, the side that makes me tingle from head to toe with excitement. Whenever I walk in the garage and see the bike I just smile thinking about him coming home from a ride. The way he smells...... his leathers, the fresh air, the testosterone pumping through his body..... it well very erotic to me. Plus there's the whole sound thing. I LOVE the sound of his bike. I can hear it a mile away and know he's on his way home.

With the possibility of him coming home this weekend, I will have to face these feelings head on. Because when he leaves to go back to Arkansas ,the bike will more than likely will be going back with him.

It's always the silly little things isn't it?

2 Love Notes:

Unknown April 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

:) you will come up with a plan so you are both happy, I am sure.

Anonymous April 7, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Yes, Stacie's right. But... don't feel like that's silly. Because it isn't. It's hard living away from hubby and any little piece of him that he can leave around makes it just a little easier.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP