You Capture

>> Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beth over at I Should be Folding Laundry, has started a weekly photo challenge called You Capture.

This weeks challenge was - Capture something you love without using your flash. Since I'm also in a year long photo challenge called Year of Mornings over at Flickr, I picked one of my photos I took last Thursday.








Up until I was 7 years old my swing set was in my Grandma's back yard, where she had this HUGE lilac bush that spanned the entire width of the back yard. I remember playing back there, in the early Spring, and the smell of lilac's was everywhere, you could even smell them in the house. So it comes at no surprise to me that lilac's are one of my favorite flowers. While the ones in this photo are completely fake, I do have a lilac bush of my own now. In those early Spring days when the bush is in full bloom, I love to take a few cuttings and place them through out the house. I sit, take in the scent, and smile.







Lilac's

15 Love Notes:

rosellafan February 25, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

pretty picture and what a beautiful memory...

Christy M. February 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Smells can invoke such strong memories. Your photos are lovely and vibrant!

Thanks for commenting on my post today. It seems like we have something in common! My husband works 350 miles away....

Unknown February 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Me loves it and YOU KNOW THIS, man. :)

mine is up too!

Mommy Mo February 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

I love the story behind the photos. Every picture has a story to tell, doesn't it? I love the colors in your pictures. I can almost smell the lilacs.

Erin February 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Beautiful. I love the story behind the photos. My parents have several lilac bushes behind their house, and lilacs always, always smell like spring to me.

Chris February 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Gorgeous!! Hey... is it possible to send lilac bush starters through the mail without them dying first?

Terri February 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I know they send other kind of plant starters through the mail ( normally overnight) so I can't see why you couldn't do the same with lilac's.

Upstatemamma February 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

That is really pretty. You really got tle perfect lighting for that shot.

Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Every picture tells a story, no doubt. Great capture!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry February 25, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

Lilacs mean so much to me. When we moved to our new home, I left behind my lilac bushes and need to replant two more. I'm going to miss them this spring.

Great pictures, the lighting is wonderful!

Heather D February 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

Lilacs remind me of my grandmother too. Beautiful, so soft and muted. Great job!

Crazy Babs February 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

I can almost smell them! Love the way you made the collage.

Allie February 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

I grew up with a lilac tree in my back yard and as kids, my sister and I would always climb the tree to clip branches to help "beautify" our rooms. They are certainly a gorgeous, uplifting flower.

Great picture!

The Animator's Wife February 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Beautiful mosaic! Could be on a greeting card-- nice job.

Unknown February 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

what a beautiful picture! I absolutely love it - the feel, the colors . . . just gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP